Location: Dem-Con Transfer Station • Blaine, MN
Dem-Con Companies is a diversified, full-service recycling, processing and disposal company acting with the highest standards in environmental integrity, fairness and ethics while serving our customers. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our best-in-class team.
The Equipment Operator position is responsible for handling and loading MSW, C and D waste, and Single Sort Recyclables to ensure materials are transported and disposed of in an appropriate manner.
- Efficiently transfer solid waste while operating excavators, loaders and skid steers.
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspections on equipment and vehicles
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and vehicles
- Maintain various records and/or logs
- Wash, lubricate and fuel equipment and vehicles
- Identify and sort materials from incoming loads
- Carry out site grounds maintenance including picking litter, street sweeping, snow removal
- Work with a collaborative and supportive team
- Discover a new essential industry while learning new skills
- Enjoy paid premiums for health & dental insurance for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Plan with Company match
- Paid Time off
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
To qualify for this role you will have:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience with heavy equipment
- Class A CDL a plus