Position: Accounting Assistant
Dem-Con Companies is a full-service recycling, processing and disposal company seeking a team-oriented Accounting Assistant to join our team! If you enjoy working in a fun and face paced environment for a family owned business with the highest standards in environmental integrity, fairness and ethics, we would love to talk to you!
The primary function of the Accounting Assistant is to provide support to the accounts payable and accounts receivable departments by processing weekly check runs, and weekly/monthly invoicing, preparing statements and notifications of past due balances, assisting in the credit review process and assisting with special projects from other departments within the company.
The secondary duties of this position include but are not limited to; welcoming and directing incoming guests. answering phones, ordering office supplies and maintaining a professional office environment.
Our business is driven by core values that place a high regard for our employees. We offer competitive benefits package for our employees that includes the following benefits:
- Paid premiums for health insurance for employees and their dependents
- Dental insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time off
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in an office environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Applications
- 2-3 years working knowledge and use with Excel
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills