IT Support Specialist
Location: Shakopee, MN
Dem-Con Companies is a diversified, full-service recycling, processing and disposal company acting with the highest standards in environmental integrity, fairness and ethics while serving our customers.
Working at Dem-Con means being a member of our team where doing the right thing, continuously improving, and having a commitment to our people and customers are our guiding principles and reasons for our success.
What you will do:
The primary responsibility of the IT Support Specialist is to provide internal support to all team members while working in conjunction with our outsourced Managed IT Service Provider.
Primary point of contact within the company to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Act as liaison with our outsourced Managed IT Service Provider on day-to-day issues and ad hoc projects.
- Manage network profiles & Microsoft 365 licensing for onboarding/departing employees.
- Create login credentials and maintain security privileges for all software applications.
- Manage equipment purchases including assessment of need, research appropriate solutions, obtaining quotes, and generating purchase order for approval.
- Setup and prepare workstations and mobile devices for implementation.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive tagging and tracking system for all electronic equipment.
- Manage contracts and licensing for office and mobile equipment.
- Manage VOIP telephone system profiles and call flows for onboarding/departing employees as well as provide initial and ongoing training to users company wide.
- Oversee security systems setup and monitoring
What’s in it for you?
- Work with a collaborative and supportive team
- Discover a new essential industry while learning new skills
- Enjoy paid premiums for health & dental insurance for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Plan with Company match and profit-sharing opportunities
- Paid Time off
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Profit Sharing
To qualify for this role you will have:
- Associate Degree in Information Technology or combination of education and experience
- Technical certificates, preferred
- Experienced troubleshooter
- 2+ years of experience in an office environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Patience, good listening skills, and excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Travel required to other local Dem-Con Companies offices in Minnesota