Location: Shakopee, MN
Dem-Con Companies is a full-service recycling, processing and disposal company seeking a team-oriented Scale Operator to join our team! If you enjoy working in a fun and face paced environment for a family-owned business with the highest standards in environmental integrity, fairness and ethics, we would love to talk to you!
This position is primarily responsible for operating Dem-Con’s scale with a high level of customer interaction.
What you will do:
- Greet and direct customers entering the facility
- Monitor all inbound and outbound traffic and operate all scale house functions
- Operate scales using systems to weigh trucks, issue tickets, maintain accurate records and report materials being transported
- Troubleshoot software and other technology associated with scale
- Measure trucks and trailers
- Print tickets and manage manifests for all inbound and outbound traffic.
- Balance the cash drawer daily
Working at Dem-Con means being a member of our team where doing the right thing, continuously improving, and having a commitment to our people and customers are our guiding principles and reasons for our success. We offer a best-in-class benefits package and a supportive and knowledgeable team for maximum success.
- Paid premiums for health insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) Plan with Company match
- Paid Time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
To qualify for this role you will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience with customer service
- Previous experience using MS Office products
- Proficient with computers
- Ability to work some Saturdays